List of Top 10 engineering colleges in India
Here are the top 10 engineering colleges in India as per NIRF ranking of engineering colleges in India 2023 with IIT Madras as no. 1 engineering college in India:
Although, majorly the IITs’ have been retaining their positions of being top B-Tech colleges in India, there are various other private colleges also that are regarded as the best engineering colleges in India and they are:
Eligibility Criteria For Top Engineering Colleges In India
The eligibility criteria for all the engineering colleges varies from one to another but almost revolves around the similar lines:
- The student must have passed 10 + 2 from a recognised board.
- He\She should also have scored a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in PCM.
- The student must have taken the university specific entrance exam or general National engineering entrance exams to get admission into a respective university.
What are some best and most demanding engineering colleges in India?
IITs’ and NITs’ are hands down the best and most demanding engineering colleges in India owing to their exceptional curriculum, campus facilities, placements records and the level of exposure a student gains. But, over the years many other private engineering institutions have emerged that provide the same and match up to the level of national institutions. Here are some of the best engineering institutes in India:
Your chances of having a dynamic career are possible with the engineering profession as long as you choose the right engineering college for yourself. It is recommended to opt for a career counseling session before you make your decision in regard to the specialisation and the college. It will help you focus on the admission criteria and have a clarity over the entrance exams that you will have to prepare yourself for. You also will be able to set a roadmap and go about your career accordingly.
- 1. JEE MAIN
- 2. JEE ADVANCED
- 3. BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test)
- 4. MHT-CET (Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test)
- 5. UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam)
The facilities available in engineering colleges vary from college to college. Here are some common facilities that almost every engineering college is equipped with:
- 1. Rigorous and practical curriculum.
- 2. State-of-the-art laboratories.
- 3. Competent faculty.
- 4. Good Placement record.
- 5. International and national tie-ups.
Yes, you can easily avail of an education loan for engineering and you should also check for various scholarships available.
The average fee of an engineering course through a private college is generally around 1 to 4 lakh per year.
Most of the students want to study engineering in a Govt. Medical college in India because of the facilities like affordability, top-notch educational standard, focus on development and perks like good placement, enhanced career prospects and financial aid.
Here is a checklist that you must tick off while you set out to choose the right engineering college for yourself:
- 1.Identify your area of interest and choose the specialization.
- 2.Find out the best colleges with that specialization.
- 3.Look for the accreditation and affiliations of those universities.
- 4.Check with the curriculum.
- 5.Go through the placement records and inspect ROI.
- 6.Look over the ranking of the college given by the top ranking authorities.
- 7.Inspect the career prospects /ul>