Architecture In India
The architecture courses have culminated in science, commerce, and arts, and developed the ability of candidates to manage construction projects. Architecture courses are proposed with the influence of planning, engineering, and technology such as BArch, BPlan, BE Construction Technology and more. Admission to the mentioned courses typically happens on the merit of the entrance test, and qualifying exam marks. Architecture is a great course option for students with a creative spark who enjoy travelling too. It requires. However, students need to have knowledge about mathematics, drawing, and creation of the objects for understanding.
Why Study Architecture?
B.Arch or Bachelor of Architecture is a five-year full-time programme. The course is a blend of theoretical and practical knowledge for students to learn the art of planning, designing and constructing physical structures of various kinds. From ideating to mapping and overseeing the construction, a qualified architect is involved at every stage of any construction project. The course is an interesting amalgamation of various skills like rationality combined with an artistic bent of mind and problem-solving abilities. The flourishing construction sector makes this degree a prestigious one with a plethora of career options lying ahead after completion. A qualified BArch graduate has the option to choose their line of work from a range of areas from consultants to architectural designers. Many architects start out as consultants with a regular monthly payout of Rs 2-4 lakh per annum. The salary varies depending on the skill set of the candidate. Architectural Design is a multi-faceted profession in which creative and technical solutions are applied to achieve a built environment.
Bachelor of Architecture 5 years program
Admission & Eligibility Criteria for Architecture Courses in India-
Applicants who are willing to be enrolled in the courses of architecture should have completed their study levels of 10+2 from a well-known and certified institute with a minimum of 55%. They must have studied previously the subjects of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and English. The skills required from such candidates are knowledge and design skills to create new and unique designs for the structures. Many University offers admission architecture after the 12th on the basis of entrance test score called NATA. The full form of NATA is the “National Aptitude Test in Architecture”. Multiple choice questions are asked in this Entrance test. Students who want to become architects in their careers must choose a UGC-recognized University.
Bachelor of Architecture Syllabus in India-
Check table below for subjects in Architecture course:
- Advanced Visual Representation
- Ancient Chvizations
- Applied Cimalology
- Applied Mathematics
- Architectural Design Studio: Functionally Complex
- Architectural Design Studio: Heritage Context
- Architectural Design Studio: Housing
- Architectural Design Studio: Residential
- Architectural Design Studio: Rural Context
- Architectural Design Studio: Urban Context
- Architectural Design Thesis
- Architecture and Urbanism in Asia
- Behavioural Architecture
- Buling Economics
- Building Materials and Construction
- Classical & early Medieval period
- Computer Simulation & Modeling
- Construction Project Management
- Design Communication
- Disaster Resilient Buildings
- Water Supply & Sanitation
- Electrical, HVAC, Fire Safety and Building Automation
- Environmental Sciences
- Fundamental Architecture Studio
- Estimation, Costing & Specifications
- High and Late medieval period
- History of Architecture & Human Settlements
- History of Architecture & Human Seitlements - Late medieval & early moder architecture
- Interior Architecture & Space Programming
- Introduction to Landscape Design
- Introduction to Structures
- Introduction to Urban Design
- Lanaforms Survey & Analysis
- Lighting, entiation & Acoustics
- Modem and Post-Modern Era
- Professional Practice
- ROC Structures
- Steel Structures
- Structural Analysis
- Structural Mechanics
- Theory of Architecture
- Visual Representation
Career & Jobs-
- One can work as an architect, architectural assistant, architectural historian/journalist, project assistant manager, architecture designer, architect-engineer, building contractor, or an interior designer after completing your B. Arch course.
- Graduates can launch their own businesses in the field of home design or architecture.
- Students can pursue a Master's degree overseas.
- After course completion, one can do an internship programme with an architecture firm or with some professional Architects to increase practical experience and better up job prospects.
- One can register with COA (Council of Architecture) after completing B.Arch Degree and pursue further studies in the field.
- One can pursue pedagogy in the field of architecture.