Engineering in Mumbai
India which produces 1.5 million engineers every year, is one of the largest pools of highly skilled tech talent in the world. With more than 7 disciplines and over 50 sub-disciplines, education in Engineering offers a wide range of career opportunities that make it the most sought-after career option after 12th. Over 20 lakh students apply for B.Tech and BE admissions in engineering colleges in India, and in order to make it through, there are various state and national-level entrance examinations that they have to take.
It is recommended to start preparing for the exam during high school years i.e, 11th & 12th standard to beat and ace the cut-throat competition for the seats in the engineering colleges.
Why Study Engineering?
There are more than 5000 engineering colleges in India offering undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in Engineering. One should consider opting for this field because
- You have an array of stream options to choose from.
- It is the most-demanded course.
- It has a secure placement option right after college.
- The entry-level package is around 8 LPA.
- It opens the door to various opportunities abroad.
Engineering admission in Mumbai can be the ideal choice for you and your career as it home to various institutions that provide 100% placement opportunities and have a highly growth-oriented environment for students.
|Admission Window||May to June|
Admission Criteria for Engineering in India
There are more than 800 Government and over 3000 private Engineering Colleges in India, most of which are globally recognised and admissions to these colleges are conducted at the national and state level.
The most common entrance required to study for an engineering degree in India is Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) and JEE Advanced. Apart from JEE, some of the institutes also conduct separate entrance exams for admission such as BITS, VITEEE, OUCET, WBJEE, etc.
- Some institutes like VIT and SRM conduct their own institute-specific entrance exam.
- A few of the private colleges will use the JEE Mains score card and some will conduct their own exams.
- Government engineering colleges have to follow the domicile requirement at the state level.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as separate subjects & an average of 50-60 % in PCM combined.
- A minimum of 50 % in English either in class 10 or 12 standards is required for all the candidates.
The criteria will vary from one institute to the other but the admission criteria revolve around the above-mentioned points.
Bachelor of Engineering Syllabus in India-
Check table below for subjects in Engineering course:
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Chemistry
- Computer Systems and Programming
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Communication Techniques
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Engineering Chemistry/Physics
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanical Encineering
- Mathematics III
- Strength of Materials
- Basic Materials and Construction
- Basic Surveying
- Engineering Geology
- Survey Practice!
- Basic Material Testing Lab
- Mathematics -IV
- Analysis of Determinate Structures
- Applied Hydraulics
- Concrete Technology
- Water Supply & Treatment Engineering
- Survey Practice It
- Fluid Mechanics and Hycraulic Machines Lab
- Construction Management and Entrepreneurship
- Analysis of indeterminate Structures
- Design of RC Structural Elements
- Basic Geotechnical Engineering
- Municipal & Industrial Wastewater Engineering
- Highway Engineering
- Computer-Aided Building Plan and Drawing
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Environmental Studies
- Design of Stel structural Elements
- Applied Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydrology and inigation Engineering
- Professional Elective 1
- Open Bective
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Highway & Concrete Lab
- Extensive Survey (Mini Project)
- Quantity Surveying & Contract Management
- Design of RCC and Steet Structural Elements
- Professional Elective-2
- Professional Elective-3
- Computer-Aided Detailing of Stuctures
- Design Of PSC
- Professional Elective-4
- Project Work Phase-2
- Technical Seminar
Career & Jobs-
Further Studies: You can prepare for exams like GATE & JAM to get into a postgraduate course from a top-notch institution in India like NITs, IISCs and IITs.
MBA: You can also opt for management exams like CAT, XAT or SLAT to get into a prestigious B-school and pursue MBS for a more lucrative career.
Government Exams: You can take various government exams to land up a job in several sectors.
Public Sector Undertakings: You also can avail of the option to go for PSUs’ and have a rewarding career. You need to have a GATE score to apply for such companies.
Other: You can apply for certification courses like
Digital marketing courses,
Certification in AI and ML,
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
Certified Ethical Hacker
Project Management Professional, etc.