Engineering in Pune
Pune is considered the hub of top engineering colleges and MB Patil Education provides the best engineering consultancy services for B-tech admission in Pune.
Why Study Engineering in Pune?
With new-age B-Tech branches emerging, students can now select from a plethora of interesting fields like AI & ML (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning), Data Science, etc. The number of engineering colleges to provide quality education to students are also growing in volume with the majority of students preferring to study engineering in Pune. Here’s why:
- It is the most prominent professional course for centuries.
- It has dynamic career opportunities.
- The entry-level package is comparatively higher than other courses.
- New-age courses and specialisations are also being introduced in the curriculum.
- It helps build up the critical and analytical skills of the students.
- It has a huge job market right after graduation.
|Admission Window||May to June|
Admission Criteria for Engineering in Pune
The most common entrance required to study for an engineering degree in Pune is Joint Entrance Exam (JEE), JEE Advanced and MHT CET. A few other institutions conduct their own specific entrance exam that a candidate has to sit for. In order to be admitted to an engineering college in Pune or throughout India, the candidate is required to meet the following eligibility criteria
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as separate subjects & an average of 50-60 % in PCM combined.
- The student must also sit for the required entrance examination.
The criteria will vary from one institute to the other but it almost revolves around the above-mentioned points.
Bachelor of Engineering Syllabus in India-
Check table below for subjects in Engineering course:
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Chemistry
- Computer Systems and Programming
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Communication Techniques
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Engineering Chemistry/Physics
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanical Encineering
- Mathematics III
- Strength of Materials
- Basic Materials and Construction
- Basic Surveying
- Engineering Geology
- Survey Practice!
- Basic Material Testing Lab
- Mathematics -IV
- Analysis of Determinate Structures
- Applied Hydraulics
- Concrete Technology
- Water Supply & Treatment Engineering
- Survey Practice It
- Fluid Mechanics and Hycraulic Machines Lab
- Construction Management and Entrepreneurship
- Analysis of indeterminate Structures
- Design of RC Structural Elements
- Basic Geotechnical Engineering
- Municipal & Industrial Wastewater Engineering
- Highway Engineering
- Computer-Aided Building Plan and Drawing
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Environmental Studies
- Design of Stel structural Elements
- Applied Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydrology and inigation Engineering
- Professional Elective 1
- Open Bective
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Highway & Concrete Lab
- Extensive Survey (Mini Project)
- Quantity Surveying & Contract Management
- Design of RCC and Steet Structural Elements
- Professional Elective-2
- Professional Elective-3
- Computer-Aided Detailing of Stuctures
- Design Of PSC
- Professional Elective-4
- Project Work Phase-2
- Technical Seminar
Career & Jobs-
Further Studies: You can prepare for exams like GATE & JAM to get into a postgraduate course from a top-notch institution in India like NITs, IISCs and IITs.
MBA: You can also opt for management exams like CAT, XAT or SLAT to get into a prestigious B-school and pursue MBS for a more lucrative career.
Government Exams: You can take various government exams to land up a job in several sectors.
Public Sector Undertakings: You also can avail of the option to go for PSUs’ and have a rewarding career. You need to have a GATE score to apply for such companies.
Other: You can apply for certification courses like
Digital marketing courses,
Certification in AI and ML,
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
Certified Ethical Hacker
Project Management Professional, etc.